News & Publications
KBIM Magazine (BIM Journal of Korea)
Prof. Nashwan Dawood and Dr Vladimir Vukovic have publised an article titled "Challenges and opportunities for whole lifecycle information flow underpinned by BIM: Technology, process, people and policy"
Product Lifecycle Management in he Era of Internet of Things
Mian Atif Hafeez, Dr Racha Chahrour, Dr Vladimir Vukovic, Prof Nashwan Dawood, Dr Mohamad Kassem have published a conference paper title "Investigating the potential of delivering employer information requirements in BIM enabled construction projects in Qatar".
Automation In Construction
Dr Mohamad Kassem, Prof. Nashwan Dawood and Rajiv Chavada have published a paper title "Construction Workspace Management within an Industry Foundation Class-Compliant 4D Tool" in Automation in Construction.
Joao Patacas, Prof. Nashwan Dawood, Dr Vladimir Vukovic and Dr Mohamad Kassem have had the paper "BIM for Facilities management: Evaluating BIM standardsin Asset Register Creation and Service Life Planning" accepted to the Journal of Information Technology in Construction.
The Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference
Atif Hafeez, Dr Ahmed Mohammad, Dr Racha Chahrour, Dr Vladimir Vukovic, Prof Nashwan Dawood, Dr Mohamad Kassem have a paper titled "Identifying current BIM practices in Qatar and proposing a framework for whole life cycle BIM processes" accepted at the Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2016, Qatar National Convention Center, Doha, 22-23rd March, 2016.
CIB World Conference 2016
Dr Mohamad Kassem, Dr Vladimir Vukovic, Prof Nashwan Dawood, Atif Hafeez, Dr-ing Racha Chahrour, Dr Khalid Naji have a paper titled "Approaches for assessing BIM adoption in countries: a comparative study within Qatar" accepted at the CIB World Building Congress 2016, Tampere, Finland, 31st May - 5th June 2016.
CIB WF78 2015
Joao Patacas, Prof Nashwan Dawood, Dr Mohamad Kassem have a paper "A framework for the development of Asset Information Models to support Asset Information Requirements throughout the lifecycle of building" accepted at the CIB WF78 2015, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, October 27th-29th 2015.
12th International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management
Atif Hafeez, Dr Racha Chahrour, Dr Vladimir Vukovic, Prof. Nashwan Dawood and Dr Mohamad Kassem have had a paper "Investigating the potential of delivering Employer Information Requirements in BIM enabled Construction Projects in Qatar" accepted at the PLM15 IFIP WG5.1 International Federation for Information Processing Working Group 5.1.
12th International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management, Doha, Qatar, October 19-21, 2015
Dr Vladimir Vukovic, Atiff Hafeez, Dr Mohamad Kassem, Dr Racha Chahrour and Prof. Nashwan Dawood have had a paper "BIM Adoption in Qatar: Capturing High Level Requirements for Lifecycle Information Flow" accepted at the 15th international Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality.
This conference will be held in Banff, Alberta, Canada, October 5-7, 2015
ICCBEI 2015 - 2nd International Conference on Civil and Building Engineering Informatics
Professor Nashwan Dawood was also selected to be a keynot at this internation conference based in Tokyo, Japan, April 22-14, 2015.
Professor Nashwan Dawood and Dr Vladimir Vukovic presented the paper "Whole lifecycle Information Flow Underpinned by BIM: Technology, progress, policy and People".
A project grant of $870k to lead pioneering research which could save the Qatari economy billions of dollars in unnecessary building costs has been awarded to Professor Nashwan Dawood (Lead Principal Investigator) and Dr Mohamad Kassem (Co-Principal Investigator).
The project has been funded under the Qatar National Priorities Research Program, the flagship funding programme of the National Research Fund in Qatar. The project, will investigate how Building Information Modeling (BIM) can be used to improve construction processes in the Middle East state. The research will be a partnership between Teesside University, Qatar University and HOCTIEF ViCon with 65% of the funding being spent in the gulf state and the remaining 35% being spent in Middlesbrough.
Project Duration: 3 years
Project Start: May 2014
Academic Lead: Prof. Nashwan Dawood
Co-Principal Investigator: Dr Mohamad Kassem